Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fear

Writing Prompt#5: Write about a time when you were truly afraid.

I am terrified of a lot of things: spiders, heights, snakes, and small spaces. But none of them compare to my fear of failure.

Just a few weeks ago, I was laid off from my job, and I was afraid I would have a nervous break-down. I had never really failed at anything, and at this point, I felt like I had failed at an essential part of being a human being.

Of course, I persevered and found another job that I like much better, but it was the unknown that I was so worried about.

... What? You though i would write about my cop being in law enforcement. Pah-lease, honey. Sure, all police wives have a fear of "the call", but we simply remember how well-trained our men are and that their number one priority is to get home to us.

And now that I have tackled my fear of failure, I will have to move on to overcoming another... not spiders though. Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment