Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Reciprocator

Writing Prompt #4: Write a fun short story.

"I don't know, " he replied. "I guess it was an OK movie. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be though, so I'm a little disappointed."

"Well it scared the crap out of me!" she retorted. "Maybe you just don't scare easily.

All of a sudden, they found themselves very alone on the dark street. The stores and alleyways all around them had become eerily quiet.

Just nerves, he thought, from the movie.

She stopped. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" he said.

"That whirring sound... Maybe I imagined it."

"You're just jumpy from the movie."

They kept walking, but the sound came louder this time.

"OK, I heard it that time." he said, panicked.

They both slowly turned to see nothing behind them, but they could still here the high-pitched purr of... something. As they turned to begin walking again, this time at a predictably faster pace, they saw him.

A large man standing in their path. With a bloody reciprocating saw in his left hand!

Muahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment